The beta has come and gone. The final polish is being applied and fixes being implemented. Soon all shall be revealed.
If like me however, you just can’t wait and need to start planning your Animus domination right now, Ubisoft have you covered. They have sent over details of the multiplayer portion of the final release, highlighting the modes, maps and perks & abilities Templar Agents can expect to get stuck into come November 15th.
5 All-New Maps for Assassin’s Creed Revelations:
- Knights Hospital
4 Classic Maps from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood:
- Mont St-Michel
- Castel Gandolfo
8 Unlockable Map Variations (night and dusk) which will probably come by way of Community unlocks and DLC.
Characters and Customisation
Assassin’s Creed Revelations features a total of 16 multiplayer personas – including unlockables and exclusives – with all new customizable features. As you progress through the multiplayer ranking system, you will be able to modify each existing character’s head, chest, arms, legs, belt, accessories, colors and weaponry. The customization interface is streamlined, enabling you to quickly rotate through designs.
Outside of tweaking the visual elements of your character, you’re also able to customize three elements that directly and significantly affect gameplay – Abilities, Perks and Streaks.
Abilities, Perks and Killstreaks
Abilities, Perks, Kill Streaks and Loss Streaks come packaged in Ability Sets. Ability Sets are a way to personalize the behavior of and assign special powers to your personas.
Each Ability Set can be composed of:
- 2 Abilities
- 2 Perks
- 1 Kill Streak
- 1 Loss Bonus
Abilities are triggered in game, and can range from unique weapons like Tripwire Bombs, to new abilities like Closure, which forces gates and doors in a map to open or close, trapping your enemies. In Assassin’s Creed Revelations, you will have 15 abilities to choose from, including:
- Tripwire Bomb
- Throwing Knives
- Smoke Bombs
- Fire Crackers
- Templar Vision
- Hidden Gun
Perks are more subtle in their effect, consisting of passive enhancements like the speed-enhancing Hot Pursuit or the crowd-dispersing Enhanced Autobash. Perks are effective for the entire duration of a game and have no cool down.
10 perks available in Assassin’s Creed Revelations:
- Hot Pursuit
- Kill Buffer
- Enhanced Auto-Bash
- Overall Cooldowns
- Fast Getaway
- Easy Chase Breaker
Kill Streak bonuses are activated when you perform a series of kills or stuns and reward you with bonus points as your streak expands. Loss Streak bonuses are granted when you lose several contracts in a row, assisting your persona with temporary skills or score boosts.
Some fan-favorite modes from Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood are back — including Wanted, Manhunt, Escort, Assassinate and Chest Capture – plus brand new modes designed to challenge even the most veteran of Templar agents:
- Deathmatch – Find and kill assigned targets and avoid being killed by your pursuers. Templars compete in a smaller section of a map. Chases and use of the Compass are disabled. Quality kills boost scores.
- Artifact Assault – Score team points by stealing the enemy’s artifact from their base and carrying it back to yours. When within your own territory, you are a pursuer. Move into enemy territory and become a target. The team with the highest score at the end of the session wins.
- Corruption – When “corrupted,” your objective is to find and kill your targets as quickly as possible in order to spread your corruption. When uncorrupted, you must hide to survive as long as possible. Performing quality kills or surviving while close to corrupted Templars will boost your score.
- Steal the Artifact – Steal the artifact and keep it as long as you can to earn bonuses, and hide near your pursuers to increase your score. If a single Templar carries the artifact for two minutes, the artifact will be reset. Dying while holding the artifact will drop it.
- Training Ground – In this noncompetitive, untimed mode you can explore the map, practice your abilities and find and kill assigned target VIPs in any way you see fit.
Ready yourself Templars…Abstergo will need all of your skills soon enough.